Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cheap Blog - Celebrity Wedding

Okay - I can't help it, the first thing that caught my eye when I opened my puter this morning was a celebrity announcement of marriage. I usually don't get hooked by celebrity gossip - means next to nothing to me, but I must for some reason be susceptible to a 'crush' state (yesterday's blog I confessed I was 'crushing' on Josh Taylor at the moment) This piece of news was re: a film star crush that has stuck with me for, can it really be, 40 years. Robert Redford married a 51 year old artist from Germany,
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/robert-redford-marries-german-girlfriend/25233?nc
and I couldn't help but think there probably aren't many red blooded 51 year old heterosexual females who haven't thought at some time or another they might could go for Robert Redford. Swoooooooooon! The cowboy of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, the student or Naval officer in The Way We Were, the journalist of All The President's Men or Up Close and Personal, outdoorsman and adventurer in Jeremiah Johnson or Out of Africa, baseball player in The Natural, etc. So MANY men he's made me fall in love with.

The bride is Sybille Szaggars, a contemporary 'mystic' artist. You can see her work here: http://www.sibylleszaggars.com/index.html

And would you believe, not a single DVD or video of his in the house...pout

Chuckling to myself - one day now young women will be remembering when they 'crushed' on Brad Pitt for 40 years too. tee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment